Sunday, January 17, 2010

Time and Money

I've always wanted to do the right things in terms of the environment, but I'm also quite concerned with time. Unfortunately more so. Time is really precious and if it takes too much time and effort, I'm not interested. For example, I hate taking time to cook. But mostly if its just for myself. Generally I like eating at restaurants because the work is done for me and it tastes good. My biggest issue with it is money. It costs a premium to have food cooked for you. Which means I go for cheaper things when I eat out and that generally equates to unhealthier things. And that has another level (but also important) of concern. When I lived in Victoria I too often found myself opting for convenience because it was affordable and saved time. But unfortunately it was at the expense of my money, my health and the environment. So my decision making priorities lie in money, time, my health, the environment in that order.

No comments:

Post a Comment