Monday, January 25, 2010

Pumpkin Squash Curry

The second lady was almost perfect. She was a retired teacher who had some quality years of cooking under her belt. She loved to cook and looked for other random odd jobs as a way to feed her vacation fund. She cooked in her own kitchen on her own time and liked it best that way. Her food was delicious! Pumpkin Squash Curry, Indian Butter Chicken, Sausage Stew, Amazing Coleslaw and she was good at finding bargains. The biggest problem though was scale. I was willing to pay a premium for the service, but I didn't want it to cost too much more than cooking it myself. That sort of 'chore' is worth no more than about $2-3 per meal. So if cooking a meal myself cost $3 for ingredients the most I'd pay (on a daily basis) is $5-6. She was costing me closer to $7-8 which was more than I wanted to spend. $7-8 is on the low end of the cheap restaurant meal that's still moderately healthy - such as Subway or a burger with a salad. Again, the problem was scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment